Sunday 4 May 2014

Out and about

I spent a short time in Canaston Woods today catching up with some species that I haven't see this year. The woodland was full of bird song, upon opening the car door I picked out a Blackcap, 2 Chiffchaffs and a Song Thrush singing in the chorus. Walking on the path there was another Blackcap and a Chiffchaff, both singing. A small party of 4 Marsh Tits foraging in an oak tree was a good find. Coming into a small clearance a bright green and yellow warbler caught my eye, to my surprise it was a Wood Warbler! (not a scarce bird but a nice find).
On the way home we had a short walk around Templton Airfield, the highlights were 3 Willow Warblers, a male Bullfinch and a male Yellowhammer singing from a hawthorn bush.
 Wood Warbler


 Yellowhammer 

No comments:

Post a Comment