Sunday 30 March 2014

Stackpole Court and Freshwater West

Before leaving to go to Freshwater West I heard news of a Great White Egret at Stackpole Court. So on our way to Freshwater West we stopped at Stackpole to see if it was there. When I arrived, there was only a short walk before the Great White Egret came into view. It was roosting in a dead oak tree opposite to were I was. Conveniently, there was a Grey Heron on the other side of the tree, so you could clearly compare the size of the egret.

 At Freshwater West there were 2 Gannets riding the air currents above the waves. From the dunes a pair of Choughs and a flock of c20 Linnets flew overhead. Walking over the dunes I passed 5 Stonechats, a small group of Meadow Pipits and more Linnets. Heading back to the car park I found my first Wheatear of the year, perched on a bramble bush next to a Stonechat.



Great White Egret record shots

No comments:

Post a Comment